The subject of infidelity is very subjective, and it is not a mathematical equation that works for everyone. Some couples define infidelity as having extramarital sex. Other people would consider that when emotional intimacy generated with someone outside of marriage, regardless of whether this leads to a physical, sexual relationship, they are unfaithful.
Everything depends on the rules that you and your wife have set about this topic. Therefore, only you can decide if the conversations you read constitute, in your eyes, an act of infidelity on the part of your wife. If this is not an issue that you have addressed and with which you have previously agreed, it may be that your wife has not considered your behavior as a breach of the marriage bond that unites them, so a good conversation on this subject will be paramount. And indispensable to leave all points clear once and for all.
Cybersex has gained the popularity it currently has because it presents an exciting and interesting alternative for erotic expression. The reasons for incurring cybersex practices are many and varied, and in the case of your wife, you will only know her by asking her.
However, here I present some of the main motivations and advantages to practicing it:
- It is entirely safe: you can not spread any STD (sexually transmitted disease) or run the risk of pregnancy.
- You can explore your fantasies.
- Help develop your sexual vocabulary.
- Alternative when you do not have a partner.
- Alternative when you have to be away from the couple.
On the other hand, and as expected, cybersex also has its disadvantages. Among them, the following stand out:
- There is no physical and direct interaction with another person.
- It could be considered infidelity (if you have a stable partner).
- There are those who generate an addiction to cybersex.
It is best to talk about the subject; the other person should know that you are uncomfortable knowing about their intimate conversations and you deserve to know how involved that “friendship” may have become. Remember that when people talk, you understand, and if you keep this inside, making assumptions, you cannot be calm.