Rope bondage is part of BDSM, which is an acronym that represents several erotic practices and expressions: Bondage and Discipline (B / D), Domination and Submission (D / S) and Sadism and Masochism (S / M). In fact, BDSM adds a whole subculture, including not only the act of having sex handcuffed or giving and taking smacks , but also dressing up, rope tying, habits and relationship dynamics, even if they do not fit strictly into the categories of the acronym.
BDSM has become even more prominent in recent years in chat rooms, especially for women, after the release of the book and the movie “50 Shades of Gray,” where the protagonist is a practitioner of some of these bondage techniques.
Bondage is nothing more than the art of tying people. Be it for the purpose of appreciating the aesthetics of body curves, in order to restrict the movements of the partner or even for the erotic and sexual pleasure that rope bondage provides. There are many techniques for many different purposes and can be done with both rope bondage and handcuffs, chains or fetters.
There are people who take pleasure in being tied up or those who prefer to tie up someone. Domination and submission are very common practices and may or may not be linked to sexual purposes. It is the pure pleasure to subject the partner to your control.
How to do rope bondage the safe way
Before going any further, we must insist that the practice is only possible with total consent from all parties involved.
- Discuss with the partner first all the ideas about using ropes, what are the boundaries, which rope to use, how to tie the knots, etc. Agreement beforehand can be a life saver in case something goes terribly wrong. Be always safe!
- Talk about the moves you have in mind and how your partner feels about them. It is important to share every detail of what is about to happen. Full disclosure and total enjoyment.
- Always make sure you are practicing safe sex as well. Protect yourself and your partner in case there is a penetration or exchange of body fluids.
- When agreed upon methods and devices, apply rope gentile and careful over the partner body and parts. Make sure knots are not too tight and there is no unbearable discomfort.
- Whatever time and effort to tie up someone must be taken into account when untying. So, make sure you undo the tie up easily in case of an emergency.
If you like the idea of being tied up, but do not feel pain do not worry. At BDSM there are no cast papers and everyone can do and be whatever they want. It is allowed to dominate without necessarily disciplining; feel pain without humiliation and even be tied down. You are the master of your own desires, so practice as much as you want. BE SAFE!